Lots of cool things are going on right now. Thought I’d share a few.
1. CARNIEPUNK’s Coming! On July 23, THE urban fantasy anthology of the year drops at a bookstore near you.
Evil clowns? Check. JoJo the Dog-Faced Boy? Check. Demons luring unsuspecting carnival goers ot their doom? Check, check, check. Funny, creepy, irreverent, and downright horrifying delights awaits you between these pages.
Here’s more about the antho and buy links at the Simon and Schuster web page.
2. Carniepunk TOUR! Yes, friends, every good carnival-themed anthology requires a damned-from-the-start roadtrip. Thus, Nicole Peeler, Mark Henry, and I along with special guest Liliana Hart are touring around Texas for three signing dates. As a bonus, we’ll also have Kevin Hearne and Deliliah Dawson joining us in Houston. I can’t guarantee actual carnies will show up at these events, but they will each definitely be a freakshow.
CARNIEPUNK Texas Tour Dates:
July 25 7pm Barnes & Noble (across from Northpark Mall in Dallas): Mark Henry, Nicole Peeler, Liliana Hart, Jaye Wells
July 27 4:30 pm Murder By The Book Houston: Kevin Hearne, Mark Henry, Nicole Peeler, Liliana Hart, Jaye Wells
July 29 7pm Book People in Austin: Mark Henry, Nicole Peeler, Liliana Hart, Jaye Wells
3. CURSED MOON is done! Well, actually, a draft of Cursed Moon is done. Whether or not it passed editorial muster will depends on the verdict of my editor, who is very witty and wise and quite beautiful. This is the second book of the Prospero’s War series. The story focuses on what happens in a town full of magic addicts when a Blue Moon makes everything magical go haywire. Also there’s a villain who thinks he’s a Greek god, a sacred hermaphrodite, and a foul-mouthed leprechaun.
4. In other Prospero’s War news, My advanced reader copies of DIRTY MAGIC arrived! They put a special cover on these copies to differentiate them from the final version, but I still think they look pretty stinking cool. Also, I plan to use these beauties like a con uses cigarettes in the Hoosegow Hilton. In other words, I will bribe, extort and cajole people with promises of a sneak peek into this world. Look at them–aren’t they amazing?
5. I’m working on some new Sabina Kane novellas for you guys. I’m hoping to get one out by this fall (Halloween hopefully.)
6. Paul Goat Allen interviewed me about my recent experiments with self-publishing and MERIDIAN SIX.He had this to say about the novella:
“Powered by extraordinary world building, Wells has created a layered narrative set in an intriguing postapocalyptic future, and put a fascinating spin on the vampire mythos. “